|home | About Parenting Aspergers Community . . .|
About Parenting Aspergers Community ...
Do you want to add to your existing parenting skills and become an even better parent for your child with Aspergers?
Loaded with practical, up-to-date, and easy-to-use information Parenting Aspergers Community will help you, whatever your situation, to improve the life of your child with Aspergers and the whole family too.
To learn more about what it's like when you become a member Click here
In the members only area you will find advice on topics such as:
- Helping your child to develop social skills and build relationships
- Helping them get the most out of school
- Using effective behavioral strategies
- Helping out siblings
- Different therapy approaches that can be used
- Diagnosis issues
- ... and a whole lot more besides.
We give you information that will enable you to parent your child and their siblings, and improve your family situation, with down-to-earth and easy-to-use help. Members enjoy a whole host of advice on subjects as diverse as teenaged tantrums, mental health problems, developing independence, involving other family support more effectively, teaching safety skills to children and so much more.
The membership base stretches a number of continents, from North America to Europe and on to Australaisa......we are growing daily!
Parenting Aspergers Community is a global online interactive community exclusively for parents of children with Aspergers, where members find sound, honest and trustworthy advice from trained professionals as well as the support, friendship and help of other parents who know exactly what you're experiencing in life.
What would it feel like to have all the information at your finger tips to enable you to parent your child even more effectively on the following topics?
- Building real life friendships at home and in the local community
- Developing the skills to become more independent (no matter what age)
- Managing tricky and challenging behaviors
- Developing the essential skills that your child needs for school success
- Coping when your child hits a crisis point
- Preparing older children for life after school
- Involving close and distant family members to play a more positive role in raising your child
- Understanding other common problems like ADHD, depression and OCD
Well it's all here and what's more, its updated weekly with new information, techniques and approaches.
Why not visit our sample articles where you will find all this information as well as much more to give you a taste of what you gain access to when you join The Parenting Aspergers Community
In the community you will find an enormous amount of information specifically for your child. Just a few of the topics discussed include:
- How to help your child make friends and be accepted by others
- Strategies and techniques for improving social skills
- Helping your child on the tricky subjects of sex and sexuality
- How to make things safe for everyone in the family
Learn more about how you can:
- Communicate even more effectively with your child
- Cope with a variety of challenging behaviors and also manage your own feelings during the difficult moments
- Work with your child if he/she displays socially unacceptable behavior (including swearing and aggression)
- Help your child through the minefield that is puberty and teenage years
In our Discussion Forum you get the opportunity to interact personally with me as well as tap into the collective experience and wisdom of fellow parents of children with Aspergers from around the world who face the same challenges; and are as equally devoted to doing the best possible job in raising their child, just like you!
- A searchable resource library of parenting techniques and strategies.
- In depth, knowledge building articles on how to parent your child in the whole range of essential areas (from behavioural issues, to medical needs, social skills, education and so much more).
- An up-to-date and ever-changing Aspergers video library where you can view the best Aspergers videos on the web today.
- All the current Aspergers related news stories from around the world as they happen.
- Every single back-dated edition of The Parenting Aspergers newsletter (which is packed with Aspergers stories, tips and news) from the past 18 months.
- And the vibrant parents community through the Discussion Forum.
I am constantly updating the site with practical information that you can pick up and use with your child immediately. I am sure you'll find a mass of interesting, informative information on this site, but if you're still unsure why not sign up to the free tip of the week? Each week you'll receive information related to parenting your child with Aspergers, totally free.
I welcome any comments or questions that you may have so why not contact me, I'll be happy to hear from you.
Thanks for your interest and good luck to both you and your child!
Founder - Parenting Aspergers Community